Summary of key findings for parents and pupils - This is a good school
- Pupils achieve well and make good progress.
- Teaching and learning are good and sometimes outstanding. There is no inadequate teaching.
- Pupils’ behaviour is outstanding. Their behaviour in lessons is never less than good and usually excellent, and even when the pace of learning slows they remain eager learners.
- The relatively new curriculum has enthused pupils and teachers alike.
- Leadership and management are good. The headteacher provides very good leadership and works well with the deputy headteacher to provide a safe, happy and industrious learning environment.
- The governing body is a real strength. The governors know the school well. They provide well-informed challenge and good strategic direction.
- The school is improving because the senior leadership team and governing body use performance management systems well to improve the quality of teaching.
Key Stage 1 comparative report
This report shows a tabular summary of the National Curriculum assessment results of pupils in the school (2011) and nationally (2010) at the end of Key Stage 1, as a percentage of those eligible for assessment.