Summary of key findings for parents and pupils - This is a good school
- The school is a calm and orderly environment and the suggestion is that this is typical of behaviour over time.
- The school has a friendly atmosphere.
- Pupils are relaxed and happy.
- Interactions between the staff and pupils are very positive.
- Pupils feel safe because of the care and attention provided by adults in the school.
- On the rare occasion bullying occurs, staff deal with it effectively.
- Systems to raise any concerns about the safety of pupils and to involve external agencies are thorough.
- Pupils know and understand the reading skills they are developing
- In KS1, the pupils have developed effectively their recall of mathematical knowledge and fluency and accuracy of its application. In turn, this has supported their reasoning about mathematics and problem solving, which they are undertaking with increasing confidence and success.
- Pupils are positive about the support they receive. ‘Teachers help us learn; they help you no matter what.’